Hi, I’m Tristan Bacon!
I was born in Hong Kong, grew up around the South of England, lived in Liverpool for seven years, then moved to London in December 2017.
My day-to-day job is as the Group Social Media Manager at Global University Systems, an international higher education group. I run a team of 13 across the UK, India and the Philippines, coordinating social and content strategy for 16 universities and professional schools across Europe, North America, the Middle East and Asia.
Additionally, I run Superb Social, a social media admin support agency with the goal of handling social media boring tasks for businesses and agencies, and I’m also working on Social Huddle, a network for social media professionals, starting in London.
I also speak at events and give lectures at colleges and universities around London, focusing on introducing social media as a career, delivering primers on all aspects of social media management and strategy.
I also provide in-depth social media training, covering topics like Facebook Business Manager and LinkedIn for Sales.
- I graduated from Liverpool John Moores University in 2014 with a 2:1 BA in Business and Public Relations
- I then worked for a number of tech startups in product marketing and project management (I’m super organised), where I learned a ton about SEO, content marketing, email marketing and social media.
- I’ve also done freelance digital marketing on and off since 2012, and decided to specialise in social media management and strategy in 2017! I’ve worked with clients in a range of sectors including publishing, retail, traditional healthcare, blockchain/fintech, software and even crime-scene cleanups.
- I now work full-time at Global University Systems, but still (somehow) have time to work with clients on a freelance basis and grow my numerous side projects.
- I’m a geek at heart, and love learning.
- I taught myself PHP, HTML5, CSS3 and am comfortable using Python.
- I’ve got a GCSE and an A Level in Japanese 🇯🇵, and am currently learning Russian 🇷🇺. I also speak a laughable amount of German 🇩🇪, an offensively small amount of Spanish 🇪🇸, and maybe 20 words in French 🇫🇷.
- I’ve also been trying to learn the piano on and off for about a year. I can just about do scales and butcher The Entertainer.
Want to work with me?
I’m currently available for:
- Speaking engagements, including careers talks
- Team and individual training, including Facebook Business Manager and LinkedIn for Sales Teams.
- Strategic social media audits.