If you’re not seeing an ROI from your social media activities, or just know that your social media needs a refreshing cold bucket of water over the face, you may need a social media audit!
I’ve been in social media for just over 4 years, and now run a globally distributed social media team for the world’s largest international university group.
I oversee everything from day-to-day content creation and community management, all the way up to a £1.4m/year paid advertising budget, analytics, ROI assessments, competitor research, event PR coverage, content marketing and training.
So in short, I know my stuff!
Here’s what I’ll do as part of my social media audit:
1. Get to grips with your business
- Learn about your services/products, target audience.
- Understand your business/marketing/sales goals, long-term plans, current social media strategy.
- Review the tools and platforms you’re using right now.
2. Jump into the data
- Export your last 3 months of posts and dig down into the performance and their impact on your goals, on all major channels including Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.
- Extract the key metrics you should actually be measuring, and see how your content has performed so far.
- Review your paid advertising activities, give pointers on targeting, creatives and bidding optimisation.
- Look at your competitors, and provide a short overview of what they’re doing well, and whether you’re beating them or losing to them.
3. Step back and look at the big picture
- Review your blog (if relevant), suggest topics/direction and show you how to re-purpose them for social media.
- Review your content creation/scheduling process, then suggest tools and improvements.
- Introduce you to the wonders of content curation to increase your posting frequency.
- Review your community management/customer service activities, including comments/messages and ways to streamline workload (e.g. chatbots and quick replies).
- Review your account security, because no-one likes getting hacked.
- Give you pointers on influencer marketing, if it’s relevant to your industry. I’ll give you an easy-to-implement strategy, plus a free influencer marketing contract!
- Suggest any relevant new channels you should be using, depending on your target audience, geography etc.
3. Send you the results with a pretty bow on top
Once I’ve finished the social media audit, I’ll compile all of the key data and recommendations into a PDF report so attractive you’ll want to buy it a drink.
The social media audit report will contain:
- An initial list of easy changes/tweaks you can make right now for quick wins.
- A breakdown of your activities and performance by channel, with fixes and suggestions for improvements.
- A list of free or cheap tools/resources that will help you supercharge your social.
Additionally, we can have a 30 minute call where I walk you through the results and explain anything that isn’t 110% clear.
How much is a social media audit?
Nice and simple: £199 GBP / $260 USD
You’ll get all of the above, delivered in 10-14 working days.
If my social media audit sounds like something you need, get in touch below so I can learn more about your business and your goals, and see if I’ll be able to help!
(I’m also very picky about who I work with)